Friday 10 October 2014

Windowsill Pies & Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant

Yesterday my friend and I have decided to have sweets for lunch and something heavy for dinner.
Hence, we chose Windowsill Pies and Swee Choon!

We travelled to Lavender by train and exited from Exit B. From there, we walked for about 10 minutes before finally reaching Windowsill Pies.
We reached there at around 12.45pm and there were only two customers. However, soon after we bought our pies, the crowd starting coming in!

Here's what we have ordered:

 
From left to right:
S'mores
Coconut Lime Vodka
White Chocolate Pudding with Truffle (??)
Banana Almond Brittle
 
My favourite was definitely the S'mores pie. The chocolate pudding was not too sweet and it has a sticky texture but it does not irritate your mouth (if you get what I mean haha). However, the biscuits on top was kind of tasteless?
 
Next up we have the Coconut Lime Vodka which I must say was my LEAST favourite. It was unbelievably sour and sweet to me and I only had three to four bites (forced to) of it.
But my friend said it was not bad. So if you have a sour tooth, then please do try it!
 
The White Chocolate Pudding pie was not bad. The white chocolate was quite sweet but you won't really get sick of it. However, I think it is still better to share it with someone.
 
Lastly it was the Banana Almond Brittle which both my friend and I have agreed that it was good.
I liked the salted caramel nuts inside, think it really went well with the whole pie!
Could not really taste the banana though, but my friend said she tasted it so ... Yup.
 
Location: 78 Horne Road (Lavender MRT)
Opening hours: Tues to Thurs - 11am to 9.30pm
Friday - 11am to 10.30pm
Saturday - 10am to 10.30pm
Sunday - 10am to 9.30pm
Closed on Mondays
 
Here's a cute soft toy bear for you:
 
 
 
Headed to Swee Choon at around 6pm and the place was packed but there were still some available seats!
 
What we had:
 
 
Not going to elaborate on every single dish because to me, most dim sum taste the same.
However, there are of course some dishes that stood out here in Swee Choon.
If you are going there for the first time, you MUST try their famous custard buns, egg tarts, and chee cheong fan!
 
Those are personally my favourite but I also absolutely adore their yam fritters, layer pancake, onion pancake and carrot cake!
 
For dessert, we shared the yam paste dessert.
One of their popular desserts. Must try!
 
We spent about $31 at Windowsill Pies and $36 at Swee Choon.
For a good and affordable dim sum dinner, I'll definitely recommend Swee Choon!
 
Location: 191 Jalan Besar (Farrer Park MRT)
Opening hours: Open daily from 6pm to 6am
Closed on Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment