Saturday 13 December 2014

Stateland Cafe & Paris Baguette

Reached Bugis at around 1.15pm and my friend & I initially wanted to try the brunch menu at Artistry. However, we were too late because all the items were sold out and there were only the pastas and two varieties of the sandwiches left.

Hence, we headed over to Stateland Café since they have all-day breakfast.
Both of us ordered the same dish and we were sooooo glad we had lunch here.

"Laksa" Eggs Benedict ($14.90)
 
Ever heard of hollandaise sauce infused with laksa flavour?? No right!
This was the first item that caught our eyes in the menu and hence, we decided that it is a must to try!

 
We were glad we did cause it was one of the best eggs benedict we had compared to the other cafes.
Sadly, I could only taste the laksa flavour in my first bite and after that, all I could taste was the chili tomato sauce which was at the side. :(
Even still, this dish was really delicious! Totally worth a try.
 
Location: 30 Bali Lane (Bugis MRT, next to Haji Lane)
Opening hours:  Mon to Thu - 12pm to 10pm
Fri & Sat - 12pm to 12am
Sun - 10am to 6pm
Closed on Tuesdays
 
After that, we headed over to Paris Baguette to chill and we were not full from lunch so we decided to order some food there.

 
Café Mocha ($6.50)
Flying UFO (can't remember the price)
 
This was what I ordered and the café mocha was really good, it was bitter & sweet at the same time.
I like the Flying UFO because the pastry was sort of like a cakey texture and there was a tint of sweetness in every bite.
However, the 'UFO' in the middle was actually filled with some cream that I was not able to figure what was it because it was just a thin layer and just didn't sit well with my taste buds.
 
 
My friend ordered the chicken & shrimp sandwich and iced white chocolate, she said the sandwich was good.
On the other hand, the iced white chocolate was quite troublesome to drink because she had to mix the thick & hardened chocolate sauce with the drink and most of it just sank to the bottom.

Oh~ My ~ Baby ~ Crepe ($8)
Good morning pork wrap (?) ($5)
 
Feeling quite full from what we had earlier, we had this for a light dinner!
My friend had the cake and she said it was yummy but not really worth the heavy price.
I had the wrap and it was rich and savory because of the sauce. Being an eggs lover, the scrambled eggs inside was a bonus! :)
 
Outlet locations: Bugis Junction, Tampines Mall, Changi Airport T2, Wisma Atria & Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment