Friday 12 December 2014

Start of December

Finally Mid-Semester Tests are over!!
Just started on my break & Vanessa has ended her A Levels so this means ... MORE FOOD + ADVENTURES! And this time, TOGETHER! :))

Anyway, have not been posting much for the past week due to MST, but this doesn't stop me from still having yummy food. :P So here's a quick update!

1. Last Thursday, I had dinner @ Seoul Yummy to celebrate my friend's Birthday.
My friend had the Hotstone Bibimbab and I had the Jajangmyeon (black bean sauce noodles). We also ordered the kimchi pancake and spicy rice cakes to share.

 
The sauce for my Jajanymyeon was not thick enough but I quite liked their noodles. Their spicy rice cakes were good too but if the sauce was spicier, it would be better.
Overall, their food and service were not too bad.  
 
 
2. On Saturday, my friends & I headed to an Arts event called Verve and we had dinner at Timbre which was just next to the place.
 
Escargot baked in garlic parsley crust ($17)
 
First time having escargots and I could not taste them because the cheese and garlic were too overpowering.
Eating the garlic naan with the cheese was really delightful, a good start to your meal!

The Half & Half ($22) - Roasted Duck & Smoked Salmon
 
Personally not a smoked salmon fan, so of course I did not like that half side of the pizza.
However, the roasted duck pizza was not bad, the sauce tasted like those Beijing duck sauce you have in restaurants ... Haha.  

Timbre Buffalo Wings ($15)
 
These chicken wings were super duper crispy, every bite was literally a bite to heaven LOL.
The sauce was really salty BUT it was not enough to make me stop eating them. There is this distinctive taste that makes you hooked onto them.
 
All in all, their food were appetizing and it is a good place to chill. So do head over when you are hungry & craving for pizza/wings at night! :P
 
 
3. The next day I had dinner with my family @ Paradise Dynasty. Have been seeing so many pictures of their famous colourful xiao long baos but have yet to try them. Finally headed over on Sunday & will definitely be back for more!
 
Original, Black Truffle, Szechuan, Foie Gras, Garlic, Cheesy, Ginseng & Crab Roe
 
I had the Foie Gras xiao long bao and sadly, it tasted like an original xlb. :(
My family members said that they could taste the distinctive flavours in a few of them but some were just ordinary.
  
La mian with pork dumplings in vinaigrette
 
LOVED THE PORK DUMPLINGS!!
They were really juicy & each of them were filled with lots of pork meat.
The noodles were thick & delicious too, just the way I like my la mian. :)
 
Fried Shanghai pork dumplings
 
Nice to look at and take picture.
Taste wise, spend your calories on the other dishes.

 
These are the other dishes we ordered.
MUST order their pork ribs with mayonnaise!!
Super addictive and delicious, really really worth a try.
 
I love how Paradise Dynasty has so many more options to choose from in their menu as compared to Din Tai Fung. Of course, I don't think any restaurant can beat DTF's xiao long baos in my opinion (for now). But i'll choose Paradise Dynasty over DTF anytime!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment