Tuesday 31 March 2015

Sin Lee Foods

Visited Sin Lee Foods in December last year but only tried their truffle fries at that time so headed down again to try their mains with 2 of my friends. 
Located at Jalan Bukit Ho Swee, it's about an 8 minute walk from Tiong Bahru MRT Station.
The shop consists of both indoor and outdoor seating and it was much more crowded when I went down this time as compared to the previous time which was a weekday. In fact, this time it was actually full and tables were even reserved.


Exterior of Sin Lee Foods:

Malted Pie Crust Shake ($9)

Although pricey, I think this was worth both the money and the calories. Loved the thick texture and the crunch given from the crust. Taste is somewhat similar to that of Horlicks except in a much more creamier texture. So if you like Horlicks, you must definitely try this!

Truffle chips ($10)

Felt like this was really a waste of money. Tasted like chips you could buy at the supermarket with cheese sprinkled on top....

Smoke Salmon Hash ($19)

Nothing special about this dish, the portion of salmon was quite small and although I do like potatoes, I felt they didn't go well with each other..

Mentaiko Crab Mantou ($21)

Interesting dish, liked the idea of introducing mantou into it. However, the crab was really pathetic in my opinion. Hardly any meat in the crab and I felt like I was just biting into batter. Moreover, the serving was very small, not worth the price which my friends agreed on as well.

Though the dishes served here are unique and not what you can find in the other cafes, it wasn't to my liking and definitely not worth it's high prices.

**Opening hours**
Tues- Fri: 11am to 9pm
Sat: 9.30am to 9pm
Sun: 9.30am to 6pm
Closed on Mondays (except public holidays: 11am to 9pm)

Location: 4 Jalan Bukit Ho Swee
#01-164
Singapore 162004
Nearest MRT station: Tiong Bahru

No comments:

Post a Comment