Tuesday 31 March 2015

Dutch Colony

First visit to Dutch Colony was an impromptu one. Had dinner at Pepperoni Pizzeria which is just a few shops beside it and decided to drop by Dutch Colony for some desserts.
Of course as a Thai milk tea lover, I had my eyes set on the Thai milk tea loaf the moment I saw it!

Thai milk tea loaf ($5)

The taste of the milk tea was very apparent with every bite I took and the texture of the cake was just right. Super good! Every bite got me craving for more!

Since I only had the Thai milk tea loaf on my first visit, of course I wasn't satisfied and had to return to try their other food and drinks!
So I returned 2 days later in the afternoon...
Reached around 12pm and there were very few people initially (but more and more started to fill the cafe as time passed)
The place looked much prettier in the afternoon due to the sunlight shining in from the glass ceilings (though it may have been a bit glaring as seen from the girl wearing her shades). I love the layout of the cafe and how spacious it is. 

Some pictures of the interior...



And now for the food...

Banana peanut butter loaf ($5)

Like the Thai milk tea loaf, the texture was just right. The banana taste was strong which is what I hoped it'd be. The peanut butter was only at the top as you can see so don't expect any peanut butter taste from the rest of the loaf.


Earl grey citrus loaf ($5)

The texture of this wasn't as moist as the banana peanut butter loaf but it was still good! The earl grey taste was distinct but thankfully not overpowering. The citrus icing really complemented the earl grey well. Definitely worth a try just like the others.

Iced chai latte
First time trying chai latte so I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to taste like. Nevertheless, it had a unique taste which I did enjoy but I think I would still stick to my matcha latte :P (sadly Dutch Colony doesn't serve that)



Malabar Baked Eggs (can't rmb the price)
Baked eggs on spicy Indian-inspired tomato based sauce topped with cheddar cheese, served with rockets and multigrain

Wonderful dish! The eggs were baked to perfection and the sauce was wonderful! Although it would have been much better if more bread was given because there was not enough bread to dip into the eggs :(

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich ($14)

The chicken was well marinated with the teriyaki sauce and the bread was nicely toasted. Not a fan of sweet potatoes so the fries didn't really appeal to me.


This might be my new favorite cafe due to its convenient location (for me hehe), yummy food and fantastic ambience! I highly recommend this to the rest of you as well! Even if you don't stay in the east, this place is worth the distance.

**Opening hours**
Sun-Thurs: 8am to 8pm
Fri & Sat: 8am to 10pm
(The kitchen closes at an earlier time though, I think about 3pm? So they only serve desserts and drinks after that time)

Location: 113 Frankel Avenue
Singapore 458230

 How to get here?
Bus 32 (alight at bus stop 93109 "Bef Frankel Pl")

Alternatively,
You can also take buses 10,12,14,40,155 and alight along East Coast Road then walk all the way in (<5 mins walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment