Tuesday 31 March 2015

Rider's Cafe

Been wanting to try Rider's Cafe since 2 years back but never got a chance to because it was too far and I had no idea how to get there. However, few weeks back my mum asked me to suggest a place for lunch and I decided to choose Rider's (since she's paying why not hahaha) (ps: she doesn't drive so we still had to get there by public transport)
Took a train to Botanic Gardens MRT and then bus 151 (directions given by the very friendly staff at Rider's Cafe when we called up). Alighted at "Sixth Ave Ctr" wanting to take the shuttle bus in but we couldn't find the pick up point so we just took a cab in (which was a really good idea because the journey in is quite long or should I say very long)

Some pictures of the exterior + interior











Pacific Benedict ($18)
Two poached eggs, crab cake, smoked salmon, hollandaise 

I'm a big fan of eggs benedict but for some reason I only found this dish average..... Not sure what's missing or perhaps I just couldn't appreciate the pairing with the crab cake? :( Was quite disappointed :(

Riders Burger ($18)
200gm Angus Beef, Smokey cheddar, Branston pickle, House sauce and Fries.

This was not bad, beef was tender and I really liked the smokey cheddar. However, I feel that a much better burger can be found for the same price or even lower...




Death by chocolate cake (with vanilla ice cream) ($13) 

And this right here, was the BIGGEST disappointment of the day :'(
After looking at all the pictures on Instagram, reading all the great reviews and craving for this at ungodly hours, this was really a let down. 
The cake didn't have the chewy texture and even though I'm a chocolate lover perhaps this was just too rich for me :( Personal preference though, I wouldn't recommend it but since it has so many good reviews I guess I just couldn't appreciate it..


My only consolation from the disappointment I had was seeing these horses on our way out :)




We decided not to cab out and took a super long walk...


In my opinion, I don't think it was worth the travel unless you have a car or perhaps are willing to walk all the way in. But even so, I feel that there are many other better cafes to visit before this. 

**Opening Hours**

Sun-Thurs: 8am to 9pm
Fri & Sat: 8am to 10pm
Closed on Mondays.

Location: 51 Fairways Drive.
Singapore 286965
Bukit Timah Saddle Club

No comments:

Post a Comment